The engineers at OS Giken have been very hard at work to bring an outstanding limited-slip differential to market.
Some of the unique features of the Super Lock are:
- Billeted and Heat-treated case (not found on most competitors’ units)
- Forged internals, and RAW-forged gear teeth (strongest gears available anywhere)
- More disks+larger disks = more friction surface area to dissipate heat and allow true 100% locking capability. OS units typically house TWICE as many disks as competitors units (up to 28+ plates)
- Ultra-precise disk machining, which means the unit is ready to perform immediately after installation… NO BREAK-IN PERIOD REQUIRED!
- Non-intrusive cone spring design prevents unnecessary wear and results in consistent and reliable performance over the long-term.
- 100% locking and unlocking capability: True 100% lock results in no moving components results in no heat generation. The main reason other limited-slips fail is because too much heat is generated, since true 100% lock cannot be achieved. OS has yet to see one of their Super-Lock LSD’s fail in the field!
In a recent press release from the OS Giken team,it was stated that “since released to the public in 2000, there have been ZERO failures of a production unit, and ZERO rebuilds necessary at any level, from street use to professional racing.”
UNITRAX has been trained on how to tune the Super Lock to meet specific requirements. The unit that we trained on, we thought, was a new unit. However, the tech from OS Giken informed us that the Super Lock was removed from a car that competed in three full race seasons!
Recent additions to the Super Lock line are the C4 through C6 Corvette, all model years of the Dodge Viper, Camaro SS, FJ Cruiser, Chrysler, Dodge and Mercedes M215 differentials, BMW, Alpha Romeo, Porsche, and Mini. There are several new applications to be announced soon.
The Super Lock also fits most popular Toyota, Lexus, Nissan, Honda and Mazda differentials.
UNITRAX is excited to be able to offer such a well designed and executed LSD to the drivetrain performance community.
Visit the OS Giken site at www.osgiken.net for more information on the Super Lock and the other outstanding product offerings including Clutches, Close Gear Ratio kits, Tranmissions and Engine upgrades.